Pregnancy is a very special time in an expecting mother’s life. Taking care of yourself is the best thing you can do for your baby. Here are a few healthy habits to follow in the months ahead.
- See your healthcare professional regularly for proper prenatal care
- Avoid cigarette smoke, alcohol, and harmful chemicals.
- Limit caffeine.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Stay active if your doctor says it’s safe.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Always wear a seat belt.
A partner’s presence is also important to a healthy pregnancy. Support mom and the baby by also practicing healthy habits.
In addition, take advantage of the programs and resources available through your health plan that are designed to support you every step of the way.
- Anthem – Enroll in the Future Moms program as soon as you know you’re pregnant by calling 800-828-5891.
- Kaiser – Visit www.kp.org for resources or call Member Services in your area as soon as you know you’re pregnant.
Take Charge. Live Well!