Spring is a great time to refocus on your health and well-being. Here are a few tips to help you spring clean your health.
- Get outside. It’s time to get outside for a walk, bike ride, gardening, or just to sit and enjoy the freshness of spring. A little bit of sunshine and fresh air can do wonders for your emotional health.
- Update or start your exercise plan. Spring and summer offer more options for activities that you can include in your routine. The more you mix it up, the less likely you’ll get bored with your exercise plan.
- Eat fresh. Plant a garden or plan to shop your local markets. Late spring and summer are prime for farmer’s markets, and fresh produce at your local stores. Shop local, eat fresh and “enjoy the fruits” of your local farmers and stores.
- Schedule your preventive care appointments. This includes your age appropriate cancer screenings, dental cleanings, and vision exams.
- Organize your medicine cabinets. Take some time to sort through your medicine cabinet and properly dispose of any unused medications or antibiotics. Organize what’s left and be sure to separate vitamins or daily supplements from any prescription drugs.
- Reorganize your pantry. Get rid of old and expired food. If there is anything you don’t see yourself eating in the next few weeks/months, donate it to your local food pantry. They are always in need of food this time of year.
Take Charge. Live Well!