Spring is seen as a time of growth and renewal. Use the change of the seasons as your reminder to take charge of your health. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Spring Tune Up. To keep your body running at peak performance, it needs regular maintenance. Spring is a great time to schedule a wellness check with your primary care physician and discuss any cancer screening tests and immunizations you will need to complete this year. Don’t forget to schedule your vision and dental exams, as well.
- Lace Up Your Walking Shoes. There’s no better way to explore the season then by walking. It’s one of the best physical activities to improve health. On an emotional level, getting outside and breathing fresh air can be calming and relaxing.
- Lighten Up Your Diet. Many healthy fruits and veggies, like asparagus, peas, lettuce, and strawberries come into season in the spring, making it the perfect time to replace heavier winter meals with salads, light soups or other lightly cooked fare.
- Adopt Healthy Habits. Set goals to adopt healthy habits that will improve your overall health and well-being, such as getting enough sleep, limiting alcohol use, becoming tobacco-free, and maintaining a work-life balance.
- Watch for Allergies. Spring can mean the beginning of allergies for people who react badly to grass and pollen. Keep an eye on weather. Untreated allergies aren’t just uncomfortable, they can lead to breathing problems, sinus infections, and colds.
Take Charge. Live Well!